Mawa Cupcakes Recipe
Mawa cupcakes are plain simple cakes made out of khoya and are perfect for tea time treats. These are very popular in Western and Northern part of India, especially in Pune and Mumbai. Mawa is an essential ingredient in making most of the Indian sweets & desserts. Mawa cupcakes are slightly crunchy outside and soft inside. It is uniquely flavorful with sweet cardamom & saffron. It is simple, plain, dense, scrumptious, buttery & milky. The luscious Mawa tingles your taste buds with gentle softness.
- 125 gm of Maida
- 3 table spoon Sugar
- 75 gm of Butter
- 90 gm of Mawa
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- 200 gm of Milkmaid
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon of Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- Sieve the plain flour, baking powder and soda bi-carbonate together in a bowl and keep aside.
- Combine the condensed milk, butter, vanilla essence and sugar in another bowl and whisk well.
- Add the flour mixture, milk, and cardamom powder and mix gently with help of a spatula to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Pour the batter into muffin molds.
- Bake in a per-heated oven at 180ºC for 15 to 18 min minutes and or till done.
- The cupcake is done when it leaves the sides of the mold and is springy to touch. Allow it to cool completely (approx. 30 minutes). Keep aside.